Optimization and security for any WordPress blog or website is most important. Google is updating SEO strategy on every month or 6 months. You have a blog or website then you should update your website. You have a blog with lots of good articles but the user is faced with speed and design problem than 20% to 30% user will never return on your website or blog. WordPress offers a good SEO strategy and options for every user.
Your website should optimize in proper way. Optimization means you should work on the following things:
- Image should be optimized and image should have width and height attribute with alt and title attributes.
- Images should be bound in one like search icon, map icon, Social Media icon in one image. So you can use background position for these images.
- Files should be compressed.
- Caching should be enable.
- WordPress admin url should be change like http://exaxmple.com/myadmin etc. So no one can guess you admin login url.
- Password and user name should be unique.
The most important thing is upgrading your WordPress. You should update your WordPress and Plugin on regular bases.